Monday, June 20, 2011

Unfortunate Anniversaries


A few years ago, Husband & I went on a date.  It looked something like this:



Hours later, when we went to drive home, we found this:



Not the best of times.  Thankfully, no one was injured when our car spontaneously combusted in the parking lot.  Also, our insurance covered everything--including the $100+ taxi ride home.

Despite the shock and logistical challenges this wasn’t the worst of times, either.  Remembering difficult situations, and how I pulled through them, helps me to shelve an attitude of entitlement and to focus on living a full life regardless of circumstances.  Or, so I like to remind myself on these anniversaries....

Do you have any not-so-ready-for events that remember each year?  Why do you acknowledge them?

No comments:

Post a Comment